Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) can help
Today, weight gain and obesity are major health concerns. Many people become depressed and feel immense stress for this reason. Obesity is a medical condition that can increase the following risks:
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Respiratory Disease
- Gastrointestinal Disease
- Dyslipidemia Disease
- Endocrine Disorder
- And more…
In acupuncture and TCM, weight gain is caused mainly by an imbalance in the body. We identify specific body areas that cause weight gain and affect weight loss. Among these are the endocrine system and kidneys. They are treated to address water retention and to stimulate the nerve and hormonal imbalance. The spleen and thyroid gland are also targeted to regulate sugar metabolism and hormonal imbalance. Finally, the adrenal and ovary glands are included to treat weight gain due to menopause or premenstrual syndrome (PMS). Some people notice the effects of acupuncture fairly quickly and only require treatments every other week.
When acupuncture is combined with a healthier lifestyle, patients lose more weight. In some cases, a few acupuncture sessions can effectively help people achieve reasonable weight loss goals.
Our weight loss program includes:
Combination of acupuncture, ear seeds, and herbal tea.
This 3-month program will help to:
- Suppress your appetite.
- Increase your metabolism.
- Reboot fat cell memory and lead to steady weight loss.
How it works:
- After an initial consultation, we customize a treatment plan based on your body’s conditions.
- Herbal medicine and acupuncture increase gastrointestinal motility, speed up metabolism, and burn fat.
- An ear seed/pin is a small magnet placed on the ear which is squeezed every time you feel hungry. It helps reduce food cravings and increase metabolism
- While acupuncture and herbal medicine can help enhance digestive functions and suppress appetites, a health lifestyle which includes eating right and exercising regularly is also very important.